Clinique Even Better Foundation Review

01:47 Unknown 0 Comments

I never know how to start my blog posts, there’s always that horrible moment when you wonder who will even be reading it? And does it make me a crazy woman to be writing posts to a potentially nonexistent audience? But then I suppose there would be no worry as to how a post even started out... so with that in mind I’ll jump straight in.

With it having been my birthday in June, I have received a few treats which I am going to be reviewing over the next month or so, having a best friend who works for Clinique meant super treats this year! So I am going to be reviewing the Clinique Even Better foundation, which I was given in the 03 Ivory shade.

The Even better foundation is a dermatologist-developed liquid foundation, that  claims to work for all skin types, immediately brightening and evening out the skin tone with naturally luminous minerals.  The foundation not only works whilst on the face, but Clinique also claim that the skin will look ‘even better’ without makeup, and of course the question is, is this truth?  The blend of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide (and of course the spf sunscreen agent) are definite positives when it comes to the ingredients within the silky foundation as these are all agents which are proven to help even out and improve your skin offering it a reliable spectrum of protection.
What I have found when using this foundation is that although I have the 03 in Ivory ( a pale colour as it is) my skins tone is just a little pale for this shade. This is not a big deal for me as I tend to, especially around summer, wear or naturally gain (but mostly wear) a tan. This means that I have still been able to use the foundation and will continue to get use out of it depending on how golden I am that day.

The application of the foundation is smooth and reliable each time, something which I often cant find in a foundation, you know when you try it on the first time and its the greatest thing you've ever known yet the second and third aren’t so great and by the 10th application your wondering why you ever bought the dam thing? Yeah me too, but not with this foundation.

I have a very pinkie undertone to my skin and like to avoid any foundation that may enhance that, what I have found with Clinique is their lighter foundations tend to have a more yellow undertone . This may not be good news if your prone to have a yellowy skin tone, which I know some people do, however for skin like my own the blend of colours seems to even out the tone on my face as a whole. Colours to avoid due to the pink and rose overtones would be Porcelain Beige, Cream Caramel, Neutral, Honey and Beige.

I hope my review has helped anyone who may be considering the foundation, my best piece of advice however is to go into a shop and make sure you get your foundation tested before you buy, if you match a perfect tone to the benefits of this foundation you will have the perfect coupling for a great foundation.

0 comments: